Japanese video game testers needed

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Japanese video game testers needed

Post  JCCC on Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:45 pm

Hi there,

My name's Steve Engels, and I'm a faculty member in the computer science department at the University of Toronto. I teach a video game design course, and this year my students are designing games for a Japanese audience, and we could use some people of Japanese origin to come and test out our games.

The volunteers don't need to have played games before. These games are meant to appeal to a wide Japanese audience, regardless of skill or experience. The reason for the focus on Japanese culture in particular is because of the difficulty that North American game designers have in appealing to the Japanese market, which made it a challenging theme for our games course.

I've attached a flyer giving the details of when and where our event will take place (Wed Mar 31, 5-7:30, Bahen Centre room 5250, St. George and College). Pizza and pop will be provided, in addition to the chance to play some fun and interesting games Smile

Flyer - Click Here

I don't know if you have any members who might be interested in participating in our event, but if you'd be willing to pass on this information to anybody who is interested, I'd greatly appreciate it. If there's any other information that I could provide, please let me know!

Thanks,

Steve Engels

Senior Lecturer, Department of Computer Science
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Steve Engels
sengels@cs.utoronto.ca
Senior Lecturer, Dept of Computer Science
Office: Bahen Ctr 4266 University of Toronto
Phone: (416) 946-5454

JCCC

View user profile

Back to top Go down