Faith and Abolition: No Nuclear Weapons, No Nuclear Power Interfaith Commemoration

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Faith and Abolition: No Nuclear Weapons, No Nuclear Power Interfaith Commemoration

Post  Temp on Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:07 pm

TORONTO’S HIROSHIMA DAY COALITION
2011 PROGRAM

FAITH & ABOLITION:
NO NUCLEAR WEAPONS, NO NUCLEAR POWER
SATURDAY AUGUST 6, 2011


The Church of the Holy Trinity
10 Trinity Square, behind the Eaton Centre

5:30 Lantern Making, Origami & Community Tables
6:15 Flautist Ron Korb
6:30 Yakudo Traditional Japanese Drummers
6:40 MC Phyllis Creighton Science for Peace
6:45 Reverend Sherman Hesselgrave Anglican Church
Welcome from the Church of the Holy Trinity
6:50 No2Nuclear by Chance Harris
6:53 Metta Spencer Editor, Peace Magazine
7:00 Toronto Mayor Ford’s Hiroshima Day Proclamation
7:10 City of Hiroshima Peace Proclamation
Dr. Vinay Jindal, Physicians for Global Survival
Minute of Silence
7:20 Archbishop Michael Peers Anglican Church
7:35 Reverend Seiichi Ariga United Church
7:50 Common Thread Chorus
8:05 Angela Bischoff Outreach Director, Ontario Clean Air Alliance
8:15 Toronto Raging Grannies
8:25 Yakudo Traditional Japanese Drummers
8:35 Multifaith Peace Prayer
Eryl Court, Voice of Women for Peace
Zul Kassamali, Chair, Toronto-Area Interfaith Council
8:45 Lantern Ceremony
Flautist Ron Korb
Lantern Procession to Nathan Phillips Square

Temp

Posts : 278
Join date : 2009-05-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Faith and Abolition: No Nuclear Weapons, No Nuclear Power Interfaith Commemoration

Post  Temp on Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:51 am

Dear Friend,

Setsuko Thurlow asked me to forward the following information about two
forthcoming Hiroshima and Nagasaki commemoration events to you:


The Toronto Hiroshima Day Coalition is organizing the 66th commemoration of the
atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki on August 6th, 2011. This year, the
annual Peace Commemoration will be held at 6:30 pm at the Church of the Holy
Trinity (10 Trinity Square, behind the Eaton Centre), due to the reconstruction
of our regular venue at the Nathan Phillips Square Peace Garden. With the theme,
“Faith and Abolition: No Nuclear Weapons, No Nuclear Power,” this year’s
interfaith commemoration will also address the nuclear disaster continuing to
unfold in Fukushima, Japan, connecting our growing concern about nuclear power
and its relationship to nuclear weapons proliferation. Speakers include Metta
Spencer (editor, Peace Magazine), Archbishop Michael Peers (Anglican Church),
Rev. Dr. Seiichi Ariga (United Church), Zul Kassamali (Chair, Toronto Area
Interfaith Council), and Angela Bischoff from the Ontario Clean Air Alliance.

North York Civic Centre Survivors Artwork Exhibit, August 2-5:

An exhibition of photographs and paintings by Hiroshima and Nagasaki atom bomb
survivors will have an official opening at the North York Civic Centre, 5100
Yonge Street, on August 2 at 5:30 hosted by Toronto City Councillor John
Filion. Ontario MPP David Zimmer, Hiroshima survivor Setsuko Thurlow, and Allan
Hux from the Toronto District School Board will also speak. The exhibition is in
the upstairs corridor of the North York Civic Centre. The opening reception is
in the Members' Lounge one floor below. The exhibition is free of charge and
runs until August 5. For further information, please consult
http://www.myspace.com/hiroshimaday


Thank you for attending and your help in publicizing these commemorative events.

Best wishes,

Anton Wagner for the Hiroshima Day Coalition
416-863 1209

Temp

Posts : 278
Join date : 2009-05-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Faith and Abolition: No Nuclear Weapons, No Nuclear Power Interfaith Commemoration

Post  JCCC on Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:06 am

Need your assistance to give publicity for the Hiroshima Day Coalition. We have and will continue to promote the Abolishment of Nuclear Weapons!

Would appreciate if you will give more consideration in promoting Hiroshima Day Commemoration on Saturday August 6th and the Photo Exhibition on Tuesday August 2nd to Friday August 5th at North York Civic Centre!

Please use Anton Wagners message to James Heron!
Please use Anton Wagner's message!

Thank you very much!

Sid Ikeda

----- Original Message ----- From: <awagner@yorku.ca>
>
> Dear James Heron,
>
> The Toronto Hiroshima Day Coalition is organizing the 66th commemoration of the
> atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki on August 6th, 2011. This year, the
> annual Peace Commemoration will be held at 6:30 pm at the Church of the Holy
> Trinity (10 Trinity Square, behind the Eaton Centre), due to the reconstruction
> of our regular venue at the Nathan Phillips Square Peace Garden. With the theme,
> "Faith and Abolition: No Nuclear Weapons, No Nuclear Power," this year's
> interfaith commemoration will also address the nuclear disaster continuing to
> unfold in Fukushima, Japan, connecting our growing concern about nuclear power
> and its relationship to nuclear weapons proliferation.
>
> North York Civic Centre Survivors Artwork Exhibit, August 2-5:
> An exhibition of photographs and paintings by Hiroshima and Nagasaki atom bomb
> survivors will have an official opening at the North York Civic Centre on
> August 2 at 5:30 hosted by Toronto City Councillor John Filion. The exhibition
> is free of charge and runs until August 5.
>
> We would greatly welcome your attendance and your help in publicizing these
> commemoration events.For further information, please contact Anton Wagner,
> awagner@yorku.ca
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Anton Wagner for the Hiroshima Day Coalition

JCCC

Posts : 205
Join date : 2009-02-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Faith and Abolition: No Nuclear Weapons, No Nuclear Power Interfaith Commemoration

Post  Sponsored content Today at 12:44 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum