GOD Loves Japan:広報協力のお願い

View previous topic View next topic Go down

GOD Loves Japan:広報協力のお願い

Post  Temp on Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:16 am

1)下記のワークショップに参加してくれる親子を探しています。3月11日です。

March 11, 10am-11:30am: GOD Loves Japan | We will build our city!

Open to the public, free of charge
In conjunction with his exhibition GOD Loves Japan, artist Daisuke Takeya will lead a special children’s workshop at MOCCA that engages with ideas central to his installation.
The workshop will encourage children to imagine the Tsunami disaster that took place exactly a year ago and the ongoing rebuilding process
by creating their own future cities with colour clay and found objects.
Children are encouraged to bring their own found objects (including small toys and items from nature) to incorporate into their ‘city’.
The workshop is targeted at children aged 8-12. Children must be accompanied by an adult for the duration.
Registration is limited. To reserve your spot, contact Katy Laird at (416) 395-7613 or klaird@mocca.ca

GOD Loves Japan | We will build our city! is thankful for the generous in-kind support of Above Ground Art Supplies.

2)モカで開催中の展覧会機もあと1ヶ月弱になりました。昨年取材をしてくれていた人たちに、下記のピッチを転送していただけると助かります。他にあるイベントなどと一緒に体験してもらえるときっと相乗効果になると思うのです。僕のものは参加型なので、写真展を見たり、コンサートを聴くのとは違った記憶として残ると思うのです。

I am not a writer, and not so sure how the pitch should be like ... but please read through the following description and your covering the story will help more audience to come see the installation = create dialogue for Japan. Please feel free to contact me for further information.

Please advise,
Daisuke

I will fly to Hong Kong and Tokyo from March 12 ... but the exhibition runs till April 1.

DAISUKE TAKEYA, M.F.A.
www.daisuketakeya.com
www.cuttsgallery.com
www.daichiprojects.org
www.artbound.ca
http://ashita11.tumblr.com/

March 11 is approaching and GOD Loves Japan, my installation at the MOCCA will evolve ... my imagination of recovery.

The installation is to remember and to raise awareness of Japan's continuous need of support among Canadian public. It is a past incident in foreign soil people only saw on TV coverages and Youtube. With my installation I encourage the audience to climb up the stair cases and experience the hight of Tsunami ... and look through the photos of recovery relief projects and also look down on the hole on the floor where toys, magazines, and clothes are ... you really need to kneel down to find the neon sign, yes, and when you succeed to see in through a pair of goggles, you will appear to be, by other audience, one brave rescuer, so that the audience will become a part of the installation ... or without the audience participation (Canadian public), the need won't be fulfilled.

Most of the debris a like are collected in Toronto expect for the eight on the display cases. The installation is a combination of fiction and non-fiction, a disaster site and as well an indoor playground ... we want people to remember ... a memory of sad, but there's love hidden(people saying I love you, looped on a small screen) and optimism with kids playing in the sandbox and a slide.

As mentioned at the beginning, the installation does evolve by adding more photos of relief activities(non-fiction) and artificial flowers (fiction) ...

My bio:

Born and raised in Japan, Daisuke Takeya obtained a Master of Fine Arts degree from the Graduate School of Figurative Art at the New York Academy of Art and received Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from the School of Visual arts in the States. Currently based in Toronto, Canada, Daisuke has had numerous solo and group exhibitions in Japan, South Korea, the United Kingdom, Spain, the United States, and Canada. Venues have included the Museum of Contemporary Canadian Art, Japan Foundation, Toronto, the Embassy of Japan in Canada, Nuit Blanche, Seoul Auction, Pouch Cove Foundation, Wagner College Gallery, Mori Art Museum, Kyoto Art Center, and the Prince Takamado Gallery at the Embassy of Canada in Japan. Daisuke has co-directed and performed at Ashita: Artists for Japan, a Tsunami Relief Fundraiser in March, 2011, which featured the visual, music, dance, performance, and literary art communities of Toronto. Daisuke is also a past programming director and board member of Gendai Gallery, and is currently an artist and ambassador of ARTBOUND and co-director of DAICHI Projects.
Daisuke is represented by Christopher Cutts Gallery.

Other activities i am involved for Japan relief:

DAICHI Projects:

DAICHI Projects aims to raise awareness of children in needs in the disaster areas and supports long term recovery ideas initiated by/for children through their visions and creativity, through various art workshops and projects. http://www. daichiprojects.org/

Light from 311/ Kesennuma
Passionate young survivors of Kesennuma city got together and created a project to erect three pillars of light at one year anniversary of The Eastern Japan Great Earthquake. The project aims to remember the incident and gather thoughts from all around the globe. The official image painting by Daisuke Takeya.
Visit Light from 311/ Kesennuma

FUKUSHIMA ART KOINOBORI PROJECT
Led by Koichi Watanabe, an assistant professor at Fukushima University, this project aims to inspire children by creating Koinobori, a carp shaped wind-socks, traditional calendrical event for children. Over 1,000 carps have been created by various passionate individuals. I am collaborating with this project: coordinating its exhibition/kids workshop in Hong Kong, and selling a mini version with DAICHI Projects' Daichi capsule to raise funds for future projects initiated by children in the disaster areas.

Visit FUKUSHIMA ART KOINOBORI project

Ashita: Artists for Japan
On March 29, 2011, Toronto’s visual, music, performance, dance, and literature arts communities united for Japan relief event. Held at The Great Hall with over 600 attendee, the event raised 10,000 CAD which was immediately deposited to the Japanese Canadian Cultural Centre’s Japan disaster relief fund. I co-directed this event last year.

Temp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top